Holding name (was:Re: Submissions)

Poster: Stephen Mumford <redline@shore.intercom.net>

> First, we're going to have to see if your name will pass. No arms
> without a name. Unless I spelled your name wrong when I checked

Actually, that brings up something I was going to ask -- arms without a
name.  I was under the impression that you had to submit the name either
with the arms at the same time, or that the name already be in the process
of submission.

However, someone else told me recently that no, you could actually send
off your arms to be registered even if you haven't done so with your name
yet, as they will assign you a holding name until such time as your actual
name is submitted.

I thought, however, a holding name is what was assigned if your original
name submission was declined for whatever reason, thereby ensuring
continuity in the records while you worked on it some more.

Any clarfication, please? ;-)

Julien de Montfort
Canton of Spiaggia Levantina
http://www.catharsis.com/sca