Name registration not necessary

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

Now, if I don't get a few flames from that subject title I'll
be surprised. :-)  What I mean to say is that sometimes, even
if you do register your name with the College of Arms it won't
do any good.  Here's a case in point:

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Robert Metzler wrote:

> Tanner is of course correct.

Now, anyone who know me know that my SCA name is Kendrick Wayfarer.
However, I am blesssed (cursed?!?) with a mundane name that is just
as unusual (and somewhat period) as most SCA names: Tanner Lovelace.
Because of that I frequently have people calling me by my mundane
name.  That's ok, it doesn't bother me.  I bring it up, though,
because, *ROB*, if you're going to be a stickler for registration,
then I'm going to hold you to it when you refer to me.  In the SCA,
I am Kendrick, not Tanner.  Got it?  Okay. :-)

Now back to your regularly scheduled list discussions... :-)

Lord Kendrick Wayfarer

P.S. Anyone thinking I'm making a big deal out of this, I would like to
refer you to the .sig on HumorNet (another mailing list):  Anyone
without a sense of humor is at the mercy of the rest of us.  :-)
---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org
             |\                       Arlington, VA