Irish concerts in NC

Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>

(I crave the pardon of those not in the area - much interest was expressed
in these events at the Elvegast meeting last night, and I'm certain others
in the area will be interested.)

May 23 (the night before Emerald Joust - aaagh!):
Capercaillie, Martin Hayes, Dennis Cahill, and stepdancers Donny Golden and
Kara Butler will perform in a concert hosted by "The Thistle and
Shamrock's" Fiona Ritchie. The show is at the NC Museum of Art (2110 Blue
Ridge Rd., Raleigh, NC), and begins at 8 PM. Tickets are $15 reserved
seating, $12 general admission, available from NCSU Ticket Central at (919)
515-1100. (For those unfamiliar with Capercaillie, they performed all of
the traditional music on the "Rob Roy" soundtrack. Donny Golden has toured
with Cherish the Ladies and The Chieftans, and taught many of the dancers
from "Riverdance")

May 31:
Dougie MacLean, Scottish singer/guitarist/fiddler/Really Nice Guy, will
play at Community Church, 106 Purefoy Rd., Chapel Hill, NC at 8 PM. Tickets
are $12 in advance or $14 at the door. For info, contact the Triangle Music
Society at (919) 968-9600. (Note to Efen: neener neener neener!)

Regards,
Duncan, your Cruise Director