Re: Regarding Crown Tourney

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Annara wrote, in part:

> His Highness wrote:
>
> >I did not know that I had won.
>
> One thing I noticed at Crown (and most other Atlantian tourneys) is
> that the person who is killed in a fight rarely falls down and dies.
>
> Generally, the 'dead' person nods or says 'good', salutes and walks
> off the field.
>
> I suppose this is another piece of inter-kingdom Anthropology.
>
> But if dead fighters *fell down and died* after a fight I think it
> would be a good thing.

I think this may be a line from an episode of "Buffy the Vampire
Slayer".

When I dwelt in AEthelmearc, I often saw that one fighter would
win the tourney, another fighter would be judged "most chivalrous",
and yet another would win a prize for "best death".  I believe
this last was rarely given to someone who nodded and saluted.
But this is not to say that matters aren't handled just as well,
if not better, in my new homeland.

-- Alfredo