Re: Emerald Joust - What happened?

Poster: Teri Nava-Vaughn <navavaughn@geocities.com>

> I also heard there were 20 or so entries in Curriculum Vite.  Wow!  What do you
> all think of the idea of that competition?  Is it a repeater at some future
> point in time?  What did you think of the judging criteria?  What did Brok,
> Shrew and Dierdre think of the judging? I heard it took a while.

As one of the judges, I would highly recommend never doiing this as a
competition again.  It took us 4 hours to judge the work of 27
entrants.  The judging criteris were difficult as many people entered
some of their first work in addition to their best work.  If you
actually to judge each piece individually, it becomes difficult to
receive a high score.  As a display, it was a wonderful example of how
people have grown in skill and interest throughout their years in the
SCA.  This would be a great sort of display idea for those of you with
new-bee nights as well.

Celynen of Stow-on-the-Wold