RE: Emerald Joust - What happened?

Poster: Phillip of Ghent <garm@teach.ENET.dec.com>

Wynn Klosky <klosky@meeker.UCAR.EDU> wrote:

> > >I've heard that Minan the Stout received a Pearl (Yeah!) and Caemfind and
> > >Susannah Grey received Pharoses (Yeah!!).
> >
> > Pharoses, Gracie?
>
>You know, those Egyptian lighthouses... ;^)

I remember several years ago an event (which one, I can't remember -
Knarlic & Alexis were Prince & Princess) where there was a Grand March.
The heralds presented nobles with GoA & above to the Crowns.  When they got
to Sir TJ (Tojenareum Grenville of Devon), the herald had to hurry to
innumerate all of the Eastern & Atlantian awards before TJ reached the Thrones.
In the herald's haste, the "Queen's Order of Courtesy" and "Order of the
Pharos" got merged into the "Queen of the Pharohs".  As far as I know, TJ
is its only recipient :^)

Phillip