Re: Storvik Fighting Practice - Directions

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, rh109 wrote:

> Poster: Robert_M_HAMMOND@umail.umd.edu (rh109)
>
> Hi folks, and help please.
>
> I need to start getting back in "fighting shape" for Pennsic and I seem to
> not have the directions to the Monday Storvik fighting practices(although I
> thought I did have them at one point).
> Could one of you kind gentles who have attended please send a description of
> how to get there to me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael of Hammond

Hello Michael,

Directions can be found at the Storvik web page
<http://sca.wayfarer.org/storvik/> under the Activities menu.

Here they are, however, so you don't have to get them.
This is on Mondays.

Fighting practice is held with the Shire of Roxbury at the Church of the
Ascension in Silver Spring, MD. Church of the Ascension, 633 Sligo Ave.,
Silver Springs, MD from 7 to 9:30 pm. Directions: Take your best
route to the Washington Beltway (I-495). Take the Georgia Ave exit
(Rt. 97) toward Silver Spring. Follow Georgia Ave. through downtown
Silver Spring (several traffic lights). Take a left onto Sligo Ave
(traffic light). [If you go under the train tracks, you have gone too
far.] Proceed on Sligo Ave. about four blocks. The Church of the
Ascension is on the left. You can park in the circular driveway. The
fighter practice is in the fellowship hall. [If you reach Piney Branch
Rd., go back about two blocks.]

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Rapier Marshall, Barony of Storvik