Re: Terms of address (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

Eadric:

> OK..here goes. To the best of my somewhat debilitated memory, prowess
> refers to ones' skill. I believe the word you are thinking of is "prow".
> Also, to the best of my swiss cheese memory, "Dame" is the feminine form
> of address for a member of the Chivalry in the SCA, though some choose
> to style themselves as "Sir". I believe "Domina" could refer to any
> woman in latin.

Prowess, of course, is one of the virtues necessary in a
knight-his or her skill in arms and their warlike attitude.
You have, however, confused "femina" and "domina," the one being
a simple noun, and the other an honorific.

Pedro de Alcazar, AoA
Barony of Storvik, Atlantia
Pursuivant Extraordinary and Junior Minion
Or, six Castles Vert within a Bordure Gules Bezantty
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com