Re: Kingdom Birthday Events

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Baron Corun writes;

> Anyway, what I think His Excellency is saying is that we should try and
> maintain some of the magic associated with special anniversaries and not
> have a birthday event every year for the Kingdom. Once every five or ten
> should be about right.

I tend to agree with both Earl Dafydd and Baron Corun, mostly because I
have seen theme events repeated time after time, numbered II, III, IV,
etc., and getting less interesting each rendition.  From comments I've
heard in the Merry Rose, it would seem inter-baronial wars have been
discouraged in Atlantia primarily because of this effect, along with the
fact that as they become less interesting they become more intensely
unsportmanslike (damn, I need a thersarus).

I really think people need to create events based on new ideas, and new
themes.  Let successful events rest a few years.  It won't hurt.

Leifr Johansson