Llamas

Poster: "Efenwealt Wystle" <efen@hotmail.com>

I have recently obtained a bag of Llama hair/wool from a friend (which
could become a continuous free source if I were interested).  If I make
something from this, it might be really cool if I could document it. I
was wondering if anyone has stumbled upon period, EUROPEAN accounts of
Llamas and/or stuff made from their hair. Please don't message me back
"Well, spanish conquistadors travelled to south America, so they MUST
have seen Llamas and deduced people made stuff with their hair." Maybe
some Conquistador's journals might actually say something about these
strange beasts. If anyone could point me in a good direction, I would
really appreciate it. Did any period explorers make it to the Andes? or
did any Atlantic Coastal Native tribes keep Llamas?

And for those of you who remember my Aussie friend Bill:
LLAMA LLAMA LLAMA, OY OY OY!

efen
who really prefers sheep to llamas...

Lord Efenwealt Wystle (aka Scott F. Vaughan) efen@hotmail.com
Militant Society of Bards
Merchant, Mirth-Maker, Minstrel by trade, and a Fool in my
spare time (Funny, I seem to have an awful lot of spare time.)
Elvegastly, Windmaster, Atlantian