Re: Lama haters unite

Poster: karen@georesearch.com (Karen Green)

Then Kendrick wrote:

> That's close, but not exactly right.  The spanish ll more acurately
> should sound like a cross between an "l" and a "y".

Lady G:  The ENGLISH pronounciation for "llama" is correctly "LAH-mah."
Other languages is other languages.  If we pronounced everything the way
it was pronounced in the language what gave us each word, we wouldn't
understand much, n'est-ce pas?  ;)

Kendrick:  Again, depends.  I tend to pronounce the "ll" sound as a
softer "jzh" than the "y" sound.  But then and again, there are lots of
accents within the Spanish language, so YMMV.

Karen Larsdatter
an exiled Caidan and a B.A. in Spanish, SO THERE!!! ;)