SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <falcone@bellsouth.net>

Allah's Blessed Peace to those gathered here!!

This is a missive from your friendly neighborhood SCA Grand Council
Representative at Large.  Currently, the Grand Council, and assistive
body to the BoD, is gathering comment from the populace concerning the
proposed wording of a new alcohol policy that some of us already thought
was in effect(as practiced in our kingdom anyway).

The proposed wording goes like this:

"The SCA will not purchase or provide alcoholic beverages for events,
other
than for use as a cooking ingredient, within the United States of
America.
Attendees may bring their own alcohol if the site permits, and assume
all
risks and responsibilities by doing so.  Branches outside of the USA may
purchase and serve alcohol in accordance with their own government
regulations."

How does this affect you, your group, etc.?

As I only subscribe to the list in digest, please "cc:" me in your
replies to the list.  I need to compile Atlantian comments within a few
days.  Thanks.

HL Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir