Re: Event garb in Persona

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

> basically, let's say we're at a 14th century Flemish fair; I mentally
> rationalize my dressing up in 14th century Flemish garb by imagining
> myself as a 16th century Dane dressing up in 14th century garb to attend
> a 16th century fair based on 14th century Flanders.  And that's part of
> the reason why I went with such a late-period persona ...
>
> YEAAGH!  After reading the above paragraph, my brain hurts.  Does anyone
> else understand what I just wrote?

I got it.

> Karen Harris
>   because Karen Larsdatter wouldn't know about this sort of thing ...

Oh, she'd know about it, just at one step closer: she's dressing up as a
14th century Fleming to go to a 14th-century-Flemish theme party. That she
(K. Larsdatter) is a 16th-century Dane, going to a 16th century fair, is
the part she wouldn't know -- or, more accurately, wouldn't give a first
thought about. Of *course* she's a 16th century Dane -- it *is* the 16th
century and she's from Denmark!

Evan, whose earlier persona has come up with any number of wild excuses
for where/how could have been assembled such an eclectic mix as Atlantia
has...