Re: SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: John McMahon <fuzzface@io.com>

> >why did anyone feel that there was a need for an alcohol policy?  Has
> >there been a problem?  Are we trying to fix something that isn't
> >broken?
>
> Liability problems...pure and simple.  Simply a sign of these litigious
> times we live in.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.  Nor am I a bartender.
I'm not a member of the BoD either.  I wonder if I can find any other
disclaimers to cover myself... hmm...

Various states in the US have adoped laws which make the server of
the alcohol liable if an accident occurs later.  So if an SCA group
purchases alcohol, and someone acts irresponsibly... not only
is the person liable, but the SCA group as well.

--- Lord Ivan Neobmyte