Re: Re[2]: SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  >Does this mean that you can't offer a home-brewed cordial as tourney or
  >contest prize...What about at an auction?.. I don't know... I just don't
  >like it...

  I don't believe prizes are a problem.  They are normally given by the
  brewer as a gift to the group, which in turn passes it on.  The same is
  true for an auction.  Any prize I provided for an event--even when
  solicited, I gave freely...I consider it a charitable contribution.

I believe that it is still the SCA giving away or providing alcoholic
beverages, and would be considered inappropriate under the new policy.

I don't know if I like that, either.  But I believe that it may be necessary

	Tibor