Re: Pennsic - road conditions

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

Ivan wrote:
  I have come to the conclusion that there must be a state law in
  Pennsylvania that says that all Interstate Highways must be
  under construction during the Summer and all major holidays.

You might like the little story I posted to the Eastern list a few days ago:

=-=-=-=-=

So, William Wodehose walks into my office, and says "Do you have any
information on construction on I-80? I'm trying to decide over the northern
and southern routes to Pennsic."  (He knows I'm a nut case with a web
browser.)

I say "Let's see if PennDOT has a web page.  And it does have a web page:

    http://www.ppt.psu.edu/

William and I both collapse with laughter: the opening graphic has little
construction machines on it, and it says "Welcome to the Pennsylvania
Department of Transportation.  Our web site is always under construction to
serve you better!"

I'm recommending the non-PA route, site unseen!

BTW, the list of scheduled construction for I-80 is:
    Interstate 80 Clarion Co, at exit 7, 0.3 miles, Mar-July
    Interstate 80 Clarion Co, between exits 7-10, 5 miles, Apr-Nov
    Interstate 80 Jefferson Co, at exit 14, 0.5 miles, Mar-July

	Tibor