Re: Pennsic panic

Poster: Beth Morris <bmorris@access.digex.net>

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> As a new topic of discussion, I've just been frantic for the
> last few days finishing up various Pennsic projects.  I just
> finished two pairs of stilts for myself and my wife, I'm almost
> finished with a new quiver for my arrows, I still have to
> finish making more crossbow quarels, and I've got at least a
> couple of sewing projects I'd like to finish (but probably won't).
> Also, my wife and I spent last week putting together poles,
> ropes, and stakes for our brand new Panther Pavilion (not
> the one mentioned for sale in an earlier post...).
> Am I the only one going crazy just before Pennsic, or does
> everyone do this, too?  If not, then after I've done this
> for a few more years, does it get eaiser, since hopefully,
> I'll keep accumulating everything I need and won't need to
> do last minute projects... Thoughts?

Funny, some of us were just discussing that.  Pennsic is our longest
event, with the most chance to show off (and use!) cool new camp stuff,
furniture, gear, clothes, etc.  So everyone frantically makes new stuff.

Yes, its nice to have nice new stuff.  Shoot, I wish I had nice new
stuff.  But the truth is, I also have a Real Life, and I'd rather *not*
spend the weeks prior to my vacation welded to the sewing machine/power
tools/etc.  I prefer to arrive, perhaps slightly less extravagantly
clothed & accoutered than my friends, but having gotten much-needed
sleep and relaxation.

And, having been to a number of Pennsics (this makes 16, consecutively)
you do eventually get to a point where you have all the stuff you *need*
and if there's stuff you *want* you either make it further in advance or
do without....

One stuffy (but much more relaxed than most people!) old fart's
opinion....

Keilyn