Re: Pennsic panic

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Am I the only one going crazy just before Pennsic, or does
> everyone do this, too?  If not, then after I've done this
> for a few more years, does it get eaiser, since hopefully,
> I'll keep accumulating everything I need and won't need to
> do last minute projects... Thoughts?

Ha!  I remember the days, O So Long Ago, when I used to just _go_ to
Pennsic.  Sure, I accumulate stuff.  That just makes _packing_ for Pennsic
harder; it doesn't eliminate the need to have a dozen last-minute projects
beforehand.  I'm bringing an 8' bench from two years ago, 3' benches from
three years ago, the Chapel of Cleanliness (wood framework from two years
back, stained pseudo-glass from last year, many other improvements from
last year), the 12' table with No Visible Means Of Support (finished last
year), the Pavilino (three and four years back), the 9' painted wall
hanging (four years?), the gilded and carved roofridge decoration (five
years?), the King Rene' chandeliers (last year) and lanterns (three years
ago), the 24' flagpole (last year), the "Snooty Laurel" banner (ditto),
the 16 portable holes, pennons and 10' poles (five years?  six?  four?),
and other items to numerous to name without scaring myself.

Does that mean I'm not busy right now?  HA!  I'm helping sew two
single-pole pavilions, making the spokes/hubs/centerpoles for those and
two more, casting buttons like mad, trying to make the time to whack out a
dozen King Rene' chandeliers, frantically trying to repair straps and
refurb my armour, working out plans for the BIGGER pavilion that will
replace the 13x21 oval-ended Tentmaster's that is no longer large enough
to serve as great hall for our camp, and I've a dozen other projects.

So I tell you, Tanner -- abandon hope.  It doesn't get better.  Every year
it gets worse :^)

Dafydd