Re: gay gordon??

Poster: Scott Silvers/Lord James Beckett of Westmorland <ssilvers@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 PDRUSS@aol.com wrote:

> Poster: PDRUSS@aol.com
>
> Greetings,
>
> I haven't been active the the SCA for a few years and am just getting back
> into it. I came across some photos from a few years ago. One is of me and a
> friend doing a dance I remember as the "Gay Gordon" but I'm not sure if my
> memory is that good. Is there a dance called the "Gay Gordon", I seem to
> remember you swept across the floor from one end of the room to the other and
> on the trip back the lady revolved under the man's up held arm. Does this
> sound familiar to anyone? We were at an Oldenfeld event in Trimaris at the
> time.
>
> Tamara

	Yes, this dance does exist.  I forget exactly how it's done, but
it does contain the steps you remember.  I've done it several times
myself, usually tripping up my partner quite a bit. :)

-James

Per pale gules and azure, a griffin segreant between three lozenges Or

___________________    _______________________________________________
|                 |    | Lord James Beckett of Westmorland, Seneschal |
|-----------------|    | Incipient College of Marshals' Keep	      |
|        /\       |    | Barony of Black Diamond                      |
|      /    \     |    | Atlantia                                     |
|      \    /     |    | Scott Silvers                                |
|        \/       |    | Washington & Lee University                  |

Visit the College of Marshals' Keep Home Page at
	http://www.wlu.edu/~sca