Re: Fair Atlantia on TV!

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

Ed Hopkins wrote:

> Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>
>
> Sometime next week (Tuesday at 8:00 PM for the Windmasters' Hill
> area, I don't know when elsewhere) PBS will broadcast a show entitled,
> "The Kingdom of the Seahorse".  What can that mean but Atlantia?

I think I have seen that last season. I believe it refers to the
reefs around the Philippines where the little seahorses live and
the attempt to save them from extinction by being sold to the
Oriental medicine markets. They are trying to retrain the local
fishermen to conserve them and create sanctuaries. Interesting but
kind of sad. Hated to tell you this but I don't want people
mistaking one for the other. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
The Philippine waters are nearly fished out of everything, too
many people, the seahorses are income to them.

                                                  Magnus Malleus