Re: SCA History

Poster: Kirsten Niemann <kniemann@leo.vsla.edu>

According to Beth Morris:

> Poster: Beth Morris <bmorris@access.digex.net>
>
> MHWag@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Poster: MHWag@aol.com
> >
> > I have multiple dates for the founding of a couple of Baronies - Caer Mear
> > and Black Diamond.
> > In Black Diamond's case, one source lists BD as a Barony around 1975-77, then
> > as a shire when Atlantia became Kingdom, but another gives the official
> > founding date as 1984.
>
> Having pow-wowed with Them What Was There, Ishmael ibn Murad was
> invested as Founding Baron in approx 2/84.

That would be at Ice Castles. It was a very big to-do (at least
in the eyes of a mostly novice Black Diamonder :-)

> Dirik Reverson was invested as 2nd Baron later that year (but before

I beleive Dirik was invested in 1985 or 1986. I remember at
least one Pennsic with Baron Ish

> September - July maybe?)  The *group* had certainly been around for
> years before then, but that's when they were elevated to Baronial
> status, as near as we can tell.

They had been around for a while as a Shire. Now if you want
 history, Who was the first Seneschal of Black Diamond?

Thjora
A Black Diamond alumna from the days of Ismael

--

Kirsten Niemann
kniemann @leo.vsla.edu