Re: SCA History

Poster: Beth Morris <bmorris@access.digex.net>

MHWag@aol.com wrote:

> Poster: MHWag@aol.com
>
> I have multiple dates for the founding of a couple of Baronies - Caer Mear
> and Black Diamond.
> In Black Diamond's case, one source lists BD as a Barony around 1975-77, then
> as a shire when Atlantia became Kingdom, but another gives the official
> founding date as 1984.

Having pow-wowed with Them What Was There, Ishmael ibn Murad was
invested as Founding Baron in approx 2/84.
Dirik Reverson was invested as 2nd Baron later that year (but before
September - July maybe?)  The *group* had certainly been around for
years before then, but that's when they were elevated to Baronial
status, as near as we can tell.

Keilyn
SCA Trivia geek