Re: SCA History - Black Diamond

Poster: Heather Bryden <bryden@hers.com>

Earl Dafydd wrote:

>I remember that war [Assessment] well, as it turns out, and I don't remember
>the numbers the way you do, Malcolm.  I think the numbers were much closer to
>even.  The numbers didn't mean that much, though -- the forces of Storvik
>included all the following gentles:
>Sir Baudoin (now Duke)
>Prince Knarlic (although his princess, Alexis, fought with BD)
>Lord Malcolm mac Malcolm
>Lord Eric von Charlottenberg (now Knight)
>Lord Timothy of Arindale (now Duke)
>Lord Stephen of Wolfshaven (now Count)
>Sir Strykar, at the height of his powers
>Lord Grethfreth (now Knight)

<snip>

Come now, you cannot fault the valor or skill of the Black Diamond forces,
as it included Lord Thorbrandr Olafson (now Count), Lord Otto the Obscure
(now Knight), Lord Adenwald the Hazardous (now Knight), and your own most
noble and puissant self.

I would, however, submit that the Storviki army had the advantage of
experience and far greater opportunity to train together than Black Diamond
enjoyed.

Elisabeth MacAlester (who was also there under another name).