Re: Abduct Efen was Song Copyrights

Poster: Suzanne Metzler <0002152178@MCIMAIL.COM>

In a message dated 97-11-03 15:04:19 EST, Lora Leigh quotes Tehair
MacDiarmada:

     <<  Just as one should not tape a person performing
     a song and sell their rendition to another without their permission,
     one should not distribute the words to their song or the music without
     the permission of the creators of the song.  >>

Her solution to this problem is:

<<Ok how about this one if I abduct Efen (at next Pensic) and then tie him up
<<on a little wagon with wheels (so I can move him from bardic circle to bardic
<<circle......
<<Well I figure I can keep him gaged (screams for help give me a headache).
<< People then give me money to take the gag off and he can sing requests.  If
<<he won't sing for us we won't feed him, do mean things to his recorder, and
<<sell that silly cat of his into stuffed animal slavery.  Now because I have
<<the artist and he is performing his own work..am I oK on the copyright?

     To which Tehair responds:

Yes.  <<resisting strenuously the chance to make obscure copyrigt,
patent and trademark jokes on the subject>>

Tehair MacDiarmada/Sue Metzler