Re: And while everyone's all stirred up... (was: Delinquent

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  We have a series of ranks and titles based upon knowledge, experience and
  service.  To a great extent, this is a subjective decision (mine!), although
  I have been toying with the idea of some standardized testing for
  upper-level heralds...  The ranking system is as follows:

Note, just to avoid confusion..... this is an In-Kingdom form of ranking.
Other kingdoms rank differently, or don't rank at all.

For example, the East has Pursuivants (heraldic officers attached to groups)
Pursuivants at Large (heraldic officers not attached to groups), Heralds
(staff officers for the Kingdom Principal Herald), the Kingdom Principal
Herald, and Heralds Extraordinary (former principal heralds).

Not exactly a ranking system: it's what you are doing (or for former Kingdom
Principal Heralds what you *used to do*) that counts.

Other kingdoms work their "ranking system" by examinations, for example.

	Tibor (P.A.L., former Golden Gryphon Pursuivant to Carolingia)