Re: The Teutonic Order

Poster: "David Ritterskamp" <blackbow@sprynet.com>

----------
> From: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>
> To: Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>
> Cc: atlantia@adm.csc.ncsu.edu
> Subject: Re: The Teutonic Order
> Date: Thursday, December 04, 1997 3:17 PM
>

> Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

> > >I believe its a household.
> >
> > More specifically, it's a household which is located within the borders
of
> > the Shire of Cathanar but does not associate with the local group,
except at
> > times to attend events.  They travel a lot, though, and you'll likely
see
> > them at fighting events.  They wear white tabards with a black
(maltese?)
> > cross.
>
> Hmmm.  First I've heard of them.  And I consider myself active, although
> not particularly near Cathanar.
>
> Dafydd ap Gwystl

[The Teutonic Order, or the Little Teutonic Knights, as they are commonly
known, tend to be centered around (Fayetteville?  Wilmington?  Can't
remember) and they're a household, whatever their name actually is.  I
don't know, and everybody I know has always just called them "The Little
Teutonic Knights" even though they obviously aren't knights.  The
joke/reason they're called the LTK's is because most of them are short,
except for Jonas, who lives in the Hickory area anyway.  I think the word
"Knights" was added because "The Little Teutonics" didn't quite cut it,
although I have heard just The Little Teutonics before.

There, that ought to confuse the issue even more...

Regards,

J. Blackbow
Clan O'Shannon