Re: Principality-My $.02 worth

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

    I know you all are probably saying "what does this mean to me?"  Well,
  probably nothing, but my feelings on the whole principalitiy issue is
  this:  The opinions from the people I mentioned above always gave me the
  impression that their loyalties were to Northshield or Aethelmearc, and
  not to their respective kingdoms.  I don't want to see this happen to
  Atlantia, the greatest kingdom in the Knowne Worlde.

Is the East any worse a Kingdom for having given rise to Atlantia, the
Midrealm, Drachenwald or AEthelmearc?  Is Atenveldt the poorer a Kingdom for
having given rise to  Meridies, Ansteorra, Outlands, Trimaris and Artemesia?

Atlantia would not be harmed.

What *could* be harmed, is a persons individual sense of allegiance.  But
NOTE: Principalities do not arise into Kingdoms until and unless the
majority of the residents show a positive desire to do so.  If that truly
were to become the case, why prevent folks from having their hearts desire?

In the last 3.5 years or so (your time in the Society), AEthelmearc was well
into the process of becoming a Kingdom and forming an identity, and
Northshield is still in a process of separation: and both are situations
which the residents firmly desire (in the main, without disrespect to their
Kingdoms).

When childen become an adult and assume their own identity, it is not
(always) because they disrespect their parents.

	Tibor (No specific opinion on Atlantia, just generalizing)