Hunting Schtick

Poster: Sallie Montuori <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster: Tom Rettie <tom@his.com>
>
> At 12:03 PM 12/17/97 -0500, Kevin of Thornbury wrote:

> >> * Food without agriculture or hunting.
> >
> >Not entirely so; Stierbach has a hunting guild (with participants like
> >myself from Ponte Alto) that is actively hunting (and acquiring) deer
> >for the feast at Twelfth Night.
>
> Sounds to me like there could be some good tales of how the guild stalked,
> dispatched, and prepared its prey.  Might make for a nice little piece of
> schtick at the feast -- "this is how that joint ended up on your plate..."
> With appropriate editing of the more mundane particulars of course.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fin

Ah, yes, that thought brings back fond memories of a few events I went
to several years ago when I still lived in Rencester.  Galliazo della
Cucina, an excellent Marinusian cook, was called into court to account
for his serving venison.  It was established that, although it was
possible he might have been poaching in nearby Caer Mear, he had at
least not poached in Marinus or Tir-Y-Don!

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.