The Oak

Poster: Heather Bryden <bryden@hers.com>

Greetings unto the patrons of the Merry Rose from your humble Elisabeth
MacAlester of Kintyre, Editor of The Oak.

Yesterday at the Kingdom Twelfth Night celebration in the Barony of Ponte
Alto, a spectacular chest, a reproduction of a 15th century Italian
cassone, was raffled to benefit The Oak.  Proceeds of the raffle totalled
$1,350.00, wildly exceeding all expectations.

I offer my deepest thanks to the many people who worked on the cassone.
Chiefest of these were Earl Dafydd ap Gwystl, instigator; Master Terafan
Greydragon, partner in crime; Lady Dubheasa ni Cheirin, painter
extraordinaire; and Countess Elizabeth Beaufort, who is probably still
cleaning up the mess Taffy made in their living room.  But no less do I
thank the many others who helped build, paint, and transport the cassone,
and the hundreds who purchased raffle tickets.

In the year or so since I have taken office, I have been overwhelmed by the
generosity and skill of the people of Atlantia.  You have provided constant
financial and artistic support for The Oak, and I can offer in return only
my gratitude.

I am also pleased to announce that the next issue of The Oak was mailed out
last week.  Everyone who receives The Acorn should receive a copy in the
next few days.  If you do not receive The Acorn, or you want a second copy
for posterity, I have some extra copies for sale.  The cost is $1.64 ($1.00
plus postage).  I also have a very few copies of the previous issue of The
Oak for sale at $1.32 (it's smaller than the new one).

Elisabeth MacAlester of Kintyre