RE: Electronic availability.....

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

	 <snip>
>   ..... Why in heavens name is it that things like this that are widely
> needed
> by members of the populace are NOT available through the electronic
> medium...
> ???    There are so many forms for this and that, and so many places we
> have
> to keep the addresses for and spend the postage to get...... and sooooo
> many
> members of the society on line.......I can think of NO reason why....
> ...I
> Just   Don't   Get   It ...........

	I can't speak to the rest of your post but I can speak for the
electronic availability
	issues.  I don't know if this is the case about the Pennsic stuff
but in some cases
	if you make an option available electronically then it gives those
with computer
	access an edge over those that don't have it.  Yes a large
percentage know folks
	with computer access these days but some just don't have time for
the Merry Rose,
	etc.

	I could see for example those preregistering for classes for
university.  If you can
	do so electronically then you can get your requests in quicker than
those that couldn't.

	Sometimes it's just a matter of how organized the person in charge
is.  I'd been wanting
	a scribe page for Atlantia since I started this office but am only
now getting the thing
	created, and am still putting finishing touches on the html version
of the handbook.
	I had volunteers to offer help but I had such a set idea of how I
wanted it that I chose to
	do it myself.

> ..... Ah... just forget it... ! I'm tired of all this.... I've been in the
> society for 18 years and I've watched it turn into a snobby, nazi, butt
> kissing courtly group grope ... my friend has  actually been threatened (
> by a
> king and his loyal knights no less ) with physical harm for not playing
> "your"
> game

	<snip> for brevity

	What I remind folks is that there's always lulus in a large group
like this and sometimes they
	get to high places.  That's when I hang out with the friends I want
to and scribing helps.  I can
	play without needing those that offend me. Large groups will always
attract those that are
	courteous and those that are rude.  Seek out the ones you want to
know and forget the rest.

	'nuff said.

	Rebecca