Re: Name authenitcation

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> There are 8 Adrianna's registered in the SCA Armorial
<clip>>
> If nothing else referencing these should be good enough, provided the
> way the name is put together in such a fashion that it would have been
> done in period, and yours looks like it is...

Although just a word of caution: just because something has been
registered before does *not* necessarily mean that it is currently
acceptable -- SCA heraldry has come a along way over the years, and
what may been acceptable in the past my not be anymore.  In addition,
referring to names already registered by other SCAdians does not
constitute 'documentation' as far as justifying a potential name
submission.

Going by what others have submitted before makes for a reasonable
rule-of-thumb to work from, but shouldn't be depended upon all by
its lonesome...

Julien

Seigneur Julien de Montfort de Bourgogne       "Pean, tres amphorae et
Ministre de Toille                           un caid palissade argent"
Canton de Spiaggia Levantina            Solum Dice Nullus Sunt Suficio
de la Baronnie des Coteaux Brillant                julien@spiaggia.org
de le Royaume d'Atlantia                       http://www.spiaggia.org