Re: Media Suggestions

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Heather Bryden wrote:

> As far as non-fiction goes, anything by Georges Duby and/or Christiane
> Klapisch-Zuber (who, William Marshall notwithstanding, specialize in
> medieval domestic life and women's history), Roger Virgoe (Private Life in
> the Fifteenth Century), Charity Cannon Willard (Christine de Pizan:  Her
> Life and Times), Therese and Mendel Metzger (Jewish Life in the Middle
> Ages), and Emmanuel LeRoy Ladurie (Montaillou).

Might I also add anything by Jocque le Guaff.  He is perhapsthe foremost
medievalist of our time.  He has edited a collection of essays on
different medieval classes called _Medieval Callings_ and has written a
book delving into the medieval mind called _The Medieval Imagination_.  He
may well have written other books, but these are the two I have
personally.  It is by no means light reading, but is excellent for the
serious scholar!
Aye,
Eogan