Re: Period Vegetarian

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> Does anyone have any vegetarian recipes? (I personally don't consume
> any meat, dairy, fish or egg products, but I am welcoming all recipes
> so I can get an idea of what there was during this period.)

There was an article about twelfth century Moorish recipes
which happen to be vegetarian in TI a few yars ago. A copy
is available on the web at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

Needless to say, there are a lot more dishes that include
dairy/eggs than don't; most dietary restrictions of the middle ages
(e.g. "meatless" Fridays for Catholics) did not involve anything
as restricted as us modern vegetarians.

-- Gregory Blount