Re: SCA event: In the Trenches

Poster: The Davidsons <paradox@gamewood.net>

Good gentles of our fair Atlantia:
I have been requested to give more detailed decriptions of the events to
take place at "In the Trenches". I hope this will be helpful.
 Here is a brief idea of the activities:
Marshall: Duke Richard FitzGilbert will teach for 2 hr re philosophy and
procedures for marshalling. Emphasis on problem solving and
approach
Herald: 1 hr class by Ld Pedro de Alcazar on early history of relationship
between heralds and tourneys in the 12th and 13th centuries.
        1 hr class by Ldy Rhiannon Ui Neill, Triton Herald, parameters of
field heraldry at today's SCA events
MoL: Mistress Isbella Stere - overview of running tourneys
Chirugeon: Ld Giacomo - injuries and other common tourney/fighting problems
for the chirurgeon
Head Cook: Baroness Keilyn FitzWarin will hold a practicum for cooking,
planning, budgeting, etc for feast. The results of the teaching
will be the evening's feast.

>After the morning's worth of classes, the entire group will go outside to
hold various scenarios of fighting in a tourney, and practice/learn all of
the above skills. A large gym will be used in case of rain. Hope you will
join us!