Re: dropping of weapons and escorting into court

Poster: Beverly Robinson-Curry <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

Anne wrote:

> act and less about honoring the lady.  If no one is near, I feel it is
> just as acceptable for me to enter court in my own right.  I know some
> ladies (Mistress Alisoun are you out there?) who feel it is an insult to
> their persona to not enter court on their own.

For me, it really depends on why I am entering court.  If I have been
called in under my own name, then hopefully, a gentleman of my house or
a close male friend will be nearby to escort me in...

However, if I am called in as Triton, then I enter for the purposes of
conducting official business and should be allowed to go before TRM's
alone.

The definition of rudeness is different for everyone and depending upon
the circumstances, even the most tractable gentle may become snappish.
Had someone caught me after I finished sitting the Friday nite 11 pm to
6 am troll shift for TRM's Coronation and requested I put them on the
day's court agenda, I daresay I would have not been the world's nicest
person.

While there *are* true and very unfortunate instances of rudeness,
perhaps extenuating circumstances or self-absorbtion/distraction has
caused that gentle to not treat you with the utmost kindness or
assistance.  Rather than make it worse by telling them off or calling
for public beratement, try to show them kindness in return in the hopes
that this will either make the day better (and thus, improve their mood)
or will teach them better behaviour.

Lead by example.  Remember, if you smile at someone, it is virtually
impossible for them not to smile back.  Try it!  It works on me!

Rhiannon