Re: Parking and all that...

Poster: Marybeth Lavrakas <lavrakas@email.unc.edu>

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Jessica Rechtschaffer wrote:

> Poster: Jessica Rechtschaffer <jsrechts@email.unc.edu>
>

> snip>
> I asked, "How to you schlep all your gear around?"
>
> He said, "We make wooden dollies or wooden wagons to carry things back and
> forth and it works quite well and adds to the atmosphere.  I can't stand
> having all these cars driving though."
>
> Perhaps we can get groups together to build wagons and whatnot for
> transport so that way we don't ruin the site and ruin the atmosphere with
> cars.
>
> Lyanna

Thanks for the literally 'constructive' idea, Lyanna!  I for one would
love having a wooden wagon, and have no woodworking skills and very few
tools.  A cooperative workshop, though, would help me, and perhaps others
in the area aqcuire some items we can't build all by ourselves and can't
afford to buy pre-made.

As you and I are both in Windmasters, shall we get going on this here (set
time, date, spred the word..), and thus spur onaction (one hopes!)
elsewhere inthe Kingdom?

I agree with the Australian student's comment about cars everywhere
ruining the atmosphere.

Kathryn