Re: A response to Their Maj. Letter in the Acorn

Poster: "Erica Stark" <ejstark@hotmail.com>

stephancm@juno.com wrote:

>If you can't handle the job.  Don't fight for the crown.
>
>Steffan

I thought their majesties letter explaining their circumstances was a
good idea.  It did not say his majesty would not be at most courts, only
that he might not be at all courts, and gave the reason.

A different royal might not feel the need to explain the demands of
parenting, but the SCA has been around for a long time in this area, and
there are old -personality differences-, including some which predate
the existence of Atlantia (I wasn't here at the time, so I don't have an
opinion on them).

I remember an Atlantian court at Pennsic where Michael showed up late
wearing his ducal coronet rather than the crown of Atlantia. I assumed
there had been some problem with the crown, but the person next to me
was irritated, and felt there had been a deliberate insult to the
populace.  I was surprised, as that particular person is not usually
inclined to be catty.

I guess part of my point is that someone else might be given more of a
benefit of the doubt by some, and  a less ...shrill... defense by
others.  My other point would be that dialog, and explanations, are Good
Things.

Erica Poitevins