Re: Pay to Fight

Poster: ginevra@bellsouth.net

Greetings from Sven,

I only have personnal experience to draw on but it seems to me that pay to
fight is not a fair way to allow people to fight.
In my own case,  I had authorized 3 times in 4 years, but had NEVER gotten
onto the rolls. Bad luck, bad paperwork, I dont know and that is not the
issue here.  The last time I authorized, I had about 5 months left on my
membership.  It took about 4 months for my gold card to arrive and it
expired the next month.  So, in short, I paid 5 dollars for 5 months of
fighting, while other people got the whole 12 months.  (best part of this
is I never got the copy of the rules)

Now, I know this might be an isolated incident, but as I stated earlier,
this is my own experience and I am sure that others have not had this
problem. (or worse)  Seems to me that if a person  can play all the other
"games" that we play, without having a current membership, what makes
fighting so much different?  As was stated by an earlier post, all kinds of
hidden dangers lurk out there.  Now, please pass the mead!!!

In service

Sven