Re: Pay to Fight

Poster: Josh <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>

At 11:00 AM 5/1/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Poster: ginevra@bellsouth.net
>
>Greetings from Sven,
>
>I only have personnal experience to draw on but it seems to me that pay to
>fight is not a fair way to allow people to fight.
>In my own case,  I had authorized 3 times in 4 years, but had NEVER gotten
>onto the rolls. Bad luck, bad paperwork, I dont know and that is not the
>issue here.  The last time I authorized, I had about 5 months left on my
>membership.  It took about 4 months for my gold card to arrive and it
>expired the next month.  So, in short, I paid 5 dollars for 5 months of
>fighting, while other people got the whole 12 months.  (best part of this
>is I never got the copy of the rules)
I had a similar experience. Spent 6 monthes with the temp authorazation card
and got it when I had six monthes left. What really was bad is when I got it
I spranged my knee so I could use it anyways.(Luck is a wonderful thing
isn't it:")
>Now, I know this might be an isolated incident, but as I stated earlier,
>this is my own experience and I am sure that others have not had this
>problem. (or worse)  Seems to me that if a person  can play all the other
>"games" that we play, without having a current membership, what makes
>fighting so much different?  As was stated by an earlier post, all kinds of
>hidden dangers lurk out there.  Now, please pass the mead!!!
Insurance reasons if I remember correctly. Thats why people like me who are
under 18 get get signed this pile of paper work.:)
Tristan ap Myrddin of Ellesmere ( I will decide eventually:)