Re: Marshal's announceme

Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

Terry Buyers wrote:

> Poster: terry_buyers@catbox.win.net (Terry Buyers)
>
> some cutting of redundancy

Ah, thanks for clarifying your position a bit.  I do still believe that W/S is
still "safer" from the standpoint of the fighter using it (i.e. his/her limbs are
not as open to being struck) and a bit safer for the opponent (i.e. a clueless 6+'
250lbs. guy with a 6' tree trunk swinging at you).  As for the idea of a "quick
comparison sheet" I think that is a great idea.  The biggest problem would be
keeping track of the changes in all the other kingdoms. That would require someone
to check with each kingdom's Earl Marshal during each consecutive Crown.  However,
if a fighter is indeed of sound mind and is safe and responsible on the field,
he/she will have no problems getting an Atlantian authorization card.  I have
never witnessed what you spoke of as to "an experienced fighter showing the
authorizing fighter what he 'didn't' know", but I agree that is not the intent
during an "off weapon" authorization.
Again thanks for clarifying your initial post for me.

Duke Logan