Re: Re: Event Ideas

Poster: "Hilda Jean Smith-Beattie" <mariabeatriz.la.mora@mailexcite.com>

FOr MEdeival versions of Childrens Games...
House Rowenwald's Lady Rosinea is the person to ask.
I once attended an unevent where she had me REELing with information on the subject by the end of her presentaion.
I have a lot of the Hand outs somewhere but I am  in the middle of movign so they will not be avialable for a while.
I do have a game that is loved by older children that is a sort of period version of frisbee..it is called Grace' or french hoops. They are sturdy wooden hoops and each person had 2 somewhat pointed sticks. the hops are beribboned to  hlep control spin and velocity.
the hoop is put over the crossed sticks in the persons hands and when the stickes are suddenly pulled apart...the hopop gfoes flying in to the air whirlling like a frisbee. the other person is to catch the hoop on their stick(s).the game can be played by oneself or in twos threes, relays...it is great fun.
MB
---
Dance for love
Love the dance
And date someone with massage experience!
c. Bambi;Annandale, VA 1997

http://www.mailexcite.com