Re: Heraldry Questions

Poster: "Beverly Robinson-Curry" <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

I did see 2 responses to Martin's question, however, they may have been
just on
the Atlantian list...

> Provided that this is a correct blazon, I would think that my first
> description of "plumetty" is correct.

It is.

> As a side note, I do not find "plumetty" in the Glossary of Terms found
at
> http://www.sca.org/heraldry/coagloss.html. I have also not seen this
> before in SCA heraldry. Therefore, I am inclined to think that plumetty
is
> not an allowable practice in the SCA.

(sigh)  I was going to check the on-line Ordinary for registered examples,
but found it is out of order until further notice...  In any event, last
year at Pennsic, Master Herveus and I held a walking tour of heraldry in
which we saw an excellent example of a plummety banner, made with real
feathers!  Let see, I believe it was Plummety, vert and argent, a popinjay
purpure.  Very nice display.

For any interested, Atlantia will once again be holding a walking tour of
heraldry at Pennsic this year, probably on Thursday afternoon and all
interested parties are welcome to come along!  Please contact me closer to
Pennsic if you'd like to know the date, time and location the tour will
start.

Lady Rhiannon ui Neill
Triton Principal Herald
House Corvus, Sacred Stone