Re: Statesville Demo

Poster: Megan Burnham <lmegan@bellsouth.net>

Alana MacKenzie wrote:

> Poster: Alana MacKenzie <lulumialu@yahoo.com>
>
> Hello Ladys and Lords..
>
> Just thought I'd drop a note of appreiation to Allison (who got
> knocked off the list, and can't get back on *chuckle*) for
> autocrating. She's great, she did a great job..I love you man! (but,
> your not getting my bud light) This was my first event working with
> SCA, and I'm absolutly in love. I actually felt so sad when I had to
> go home (but I ended up hanging out w/ Peter till 12 or so), I think
> I'm going to go in garb to school on Monday.
>
> Okay, Just a thought of mine..If a Lady gives two different males
> favors, is that a wanton thing to do? For some reason, I've been
> pondering that the last 15 mins. or so..
>
> Love in Peace,
>
> Alana

My Lady,

	Congratulations on a wonderful demo.  I only wish that Mundan
nonsense hadn't prevented my from going.

	As to your pondering the handing out of multiple favors...might I
suggest the following....there is also the "token" as in Token of
Affection or Esstime (sp?)"  This is quite simply an "I like you a lot"
or "I value you as a Friend" kinda thing.  Sort of like friendship
bracelets.  My Lord wears my Favor--the embroidered thing that if he
loses I get to beat him with his own stick for.  A couple of friends in
my home barony, who also fight, wear my token--my colors woven into a
band attached to a "D" ring so that it loops about their belt.  Just as a
passing suggestion, however...if either gentleman has a lady, ask HER
permission first...then offer a token to the gentleman...it's that
courtesy thing...

Megan