Re: Memorial Day

Poster: Marybeth Lavrakas <lavrakas@email.unc.edu>

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that we should take into account
the original intent of the places we use before we go making ourselves at
home--not if that means not covering up plaques or refraining from putting
up our own decorations.  Sensitivity...what should that mean?  Not
slapping duct tape over things (OK, I'd agree with that, and I personally
loved the idea of folding banner stands for the royal banners)?  But what
else?  And why?  I see nothing disrespectful in covering up things like
pictures of club officers or catching modern slogans that are part of
feasthalls in their 'natural' state, so long as nothing is damaged and
everything is left the way it was found.

Kathryn Rous