Re: words & more words

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Miri wrote:

>The one I hate is 'pro' for protege.  A protege gets little enough
>recognition as it is....abbreviating the term adds insult to injury.
>Besides, the whole point of being a protege is that you AREN'T a 'pro'-
>you're still learning.....  ;)

I've never heard a protege called a pro. I have heard them called protes.
In this age of acronyms and abbreviations we could probably stand to call
something by its proper name. It's not all that hard, and will save of from
the horrors of things like the Eubonic Plague.

"This is <insert name> and she/he is my Protege."

In service,
Corun (who mundanely speaks acronym as a second language)