Re: a little history lesson

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Brenna wrote:

>Thought his name was Vlad Teppish (sp?) or some such thing.
>
>Brenna
>
>Odinson13@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Next you will be trying to convince me Vlad Dracul didn't exist either.

You're correct. His name was Vlad Tsepish (I'm not really sure of the exact
spelling, but this is one I've encountered), Prince of Walachia. I believe
Dracul was a title he was given. He was also known as Vlad the Impaler,
owing to one of his favourite pastimes, that of impaling his enemies on
stakes, sometimes high and low according to rank. He was betrayed by his
cousin, the Prince of Moldavia, during a crucial battle. It was this
impaling and his viciousness in dealing with enemies and criminals that led
to the legends of him being a vampire and that vampires can only be killed
by plunging a stake through its heart.

In service,
Corun