Re: Period Ornamentation for Pets

Poster: "S. M. Thorson" <smt2@st-andrews.ac.uk>

Tehair, if you have a look at my article in the Summer 1994 _TI_, (Issue
#111, I think, article called "Medieval Collars for the Modern Dog" or
some such) I give some sources in my bibliography there.  I also describe
the process by which I make collars for my own dogs.  With your mastiff,
I'd recommend getting fairly heavy welded metal hardware so if she decides
to pull, she won't bend the rings out of shape.

(Corun, you've got a copy of that TI floating around, don't you?)

I *have* been known to take commissions for collars in the past (from as
far away as Caid, once) but I'm in PhD end-game right now with a target
submission date of 15 August, so my schedule is booked for the next couple
of months.  :-)

Alianora