Re: Question of Propriety

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Gina wrote:

> I have a question that I am curious as to the answer....
>
> How exactly does one join a household... is there some type of formal
> ceremony?  Are people usually asked or invited to join, or is the
> impetus upon the folks interested in joining to talk to the folks they
> want to join?
>
> I'm curious as to what the "norm" is for stuff like this. :)

This kind of situation is entirely dependent upon the household in
question.  Some households are very informal and anyone who shows up to
drink beer at the meetings is considered a member, while others are much
more exclusive and do have more ceremony involved with inducting new
members.  Households are not official SCA branches, and are essentially
self-governing groups of people who share certain bonds of friendship,
interests, loyalty, and so on.

In Service,
Istvan Dragosani
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy