Re: Of Kings and Queens [Pros and Cons, fair questions not

Poster: Janine H Sutter <jsutter@scotland.ces.state.nc.us>

 To throw another bone to the dog pack, there's only one
> guaranteed non-biased/non-political way to choose a monarch: target
> archery, either the arrow hits the target and bullseye or it doesn't.
> Please note that I do not advocate changing the current system of
> combat to decide monarchs.  But, if there had to be a change, then I
> would be most in favor of the following proposal:
> Each crown has one of the following tournaments:
> Armored Combat, Fencing, Archery, A&S(yes, I agree it's tough to
> judge, but if the system's being forced to change, for some reason,
> this is always among the main ones that people want to add.)
> These would be rotated on some basis, for example:
> Fall Crown - Fencing
> Spring Crown - Armored Combat
> Fall Crown - A&S
> Spring Crown - Archery
> and then start the cycle over.
> But the above suggestion would still leave one group disenfranchised,
> the service sector.

I have always thought that this was the best plan!  Everyone would get their
chance AND everyone should be doing some sort of service activity.    This
sounds like it would be alot of fun too!  Different, unusual, exciting.   In
Service,   Kari Kyst

--
Janine Honey Sutter
E-Mail  : jsutter@scotland