Fwd: CM LIST: LATEST UPDATE ON BOY SCOUT DEMOS

Poster: "duane moore" <brycedebyram@hotmail.com>

From: "duane moore" <brycedebyram@hotmail.com>
To: nickb@cris.com, barclayd@lee-dns1.army.mil,
    barclayp@lee-dns1.army.mil, Briain@aol.com, scboggs@erols.com,
    afo5jmb@titan.vcu.edu, travis@freedomnet.com, uboru@erols.com,
    stephancm@juno.com, dawsonm@mindspring.com, Amalric@erols.com,
    Betty_and_David@compuserve.com, 103536.1102@compuserve.com,
    garver@virginia.edu, JGlas73036@aol.com, Robear911@juno.com,
    has4kmh@atlas.vcu.edu, blackhammer@juno.com, langford@gems.vcu.edu,
    mlonski@aclltd.com, we4@widomaker.com, swordmaker@aol.com,
    brycedebyram@hotmail.com, kniemann@vlinsvr.vsla.edu,
Caemfind@aol.com,
    nerfwenna@aol.com, tawnykat@aol.com, CMccu33312@aol.com,
    mruttle@xperts.com, bookgirl@earthlink.com, msachs@xperts.com,
    esapp@vt.edu, smithda@interserv.com, gstryker@xperts.com,
    mary_bowles@juno.com, Careal@hotmail.com, Chriswalters@juno.com,
    House_of_the_Red@hotmail.com, Wolfman@old-dominion.net,
    JMWarren@freedomnet.com, rhiannon-of-berra@erols.com,
    daughtcalm@yahoo.com, griffaud@tez.net, kymber@mindspring.com,
    jamesehowell@juno.com
Subject: CM LIST: LATEST UPDATE ON BOY SCOUT DEMOS
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:18:16 PDT

Greetings,
I'm copying this posting to the Merry Rose, to reach anyone in the
Barony on it, and not on this list or that won't be at the Business
meeting tomorrow.

Brady Saunders Demos:
Here's the latest word from the Scouts:(Please note that some of the
information has changed again, so please tell your friends, who aren't
on this list...)
DATES:
MONDAY JULY 6th:
Demo for approx. 106 7-8 year olds.

FRIDAY JULY 10th:
Demo for appriox. 389 9-11 year olds.

BOTH DEMOS start(fighting) at 7:45 pm (I'm hoping folks will arrive
around 7:00 pm, to put on armour, set up displays, etc.)

We'll do appriox. 20-30 minutes of fighting/ "The ideal Medieval Knight
is like a ideal Scout" lecture we've done for the last couple of demos
for scouts.

This will be followed by 30 mins. of Q&A / kids trying on armour/
whacking the fighters(always popular ;-)), and any static A&S display
that folks want to bring.

CONTRARY TO THE EARILER NOTICE:
The Scouts have now asked us to do the demo on the "close" field (near
the Admin. Building) where the Tourney was last year, as this will be
where there 8:30 camp fire will be. They want us DONE, at 8:30 so they
can get started, and slow the kids down for bed.
If it rains we may move to the hall, so come on out anyway.

There are no plans for "STATIONS" or tents- the scouts want us in and
out-please bring easy to set up / move A&S displays...
Also, please remember, if your bringing a Display that might make a
mess, to bring proper equipment to clean up after yourself. (Ex: garbage
bags, team of strapping young garbage-collecting Celts, etc...)

If you have any questions, please address them to me, at / after the
meeting on Thursday, or call 804-329-0369.

Thanks to everyone for helping out, and to riding the information
rollercoaster with me...

Bryce de Byram
Seneschal of Caer Mear,ATLANTIA
"No man, no madness, tho' their sad powers may prevail, can possess,
conquer my Country's heart; they rise to fail.
She is eternal, long before nations' lines were drawn.
Where no flags flew, where no armies stood, my land was born.
And you ask me why I love Her, through wars, death, and dispair?
She is the constant, we who don't care.
And you wonder, will I leave Her, But How?
I've crossed all Her borders, but i'm still there now.
How could I leave Her? Where would I start?
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart!
My land's only borders lie around my heart!"

Anthem-Chess